Vacancy work student employment law
- Flexible, 2-3 days a week
At Sorensen Lawyers, as a work-study student, you will perform support and in-depth work in the area of employment law in the broadest sense. Our firm consists of approximately 10 attorneys and legal assistants who work closely and with joy for the profession. The lawyers, legal assistants, work students, interns and secretaries form a friendly and close-knit team. Sorensen Lawyers stands for high-quality expertise, decisiveness and speed. As a working student, you will contribute to this. The office has a friendly atmosphere and open culture: in addition to hard work, there is also room to laugh, chat over coffee and have drinks.
The lawyers are supported by several students, both legal and secretarial. Your work will include drafting opinions, agreements and memos. In doing so, you will be supported by our helpful legal staff and attorneys. In addition, you will research various, not always common, legal issues and keep our attorneys up-do-date on recent employment law developments. You will work extensively with our attorneys, being an essential support to the practice. With the work-study you enrich your CV with experience at the best niche employment law firm in Rotterdam and get ready for the (employment law) legal profession.
Sorensen Advocaten is a renowned Dutch law firm. With our growing and close-knit team, we work on beautiful legal challenges both nationally and internationally. We are located in a spacious office close to the university, which is easily accessible by bicycle, car or public transportation. In the office, we perform work primarily in the areas of employment law and corporate law. You mainly deal with employment law.
- You are in the final stage of your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Employment Law (or you have very recently graduated);
- You have an affinity for employment law practice;
- You are eager to learn and willing to think along on complex legal issues;
- Some legal practice experience is a plus;
- side activities, volunteer work, (side) jobs, hobbies or other pursuits that demonstrate your ambitions and personal development are a plus;
- You can express yourself excellently both orally and in writing in Dutch and English, and;
- you are preferably available for two or three days a week as soon as possible (a later start date is negotiable).
- A great opportunity to gain practical experience at a leading and cozy office in Rotterdam with a good reputation and nice lunches and drinks;
- a lot of personal responsibility and good guidance from the lawyers for whom you do work and helpful feedback;
- An informal work environment with lots of fun office activities, such as team outings, get-togethers and cake moments;
- An employment contract for a minimum of three months with a chance of extension;
- Working hours by arrangement (flexibility possible), but in principle from 09:00-17:30;
- appropriate salary.
Are you the dedicated work-study student we are looking for? If so, please contact Yvonne Sorensen(firstname.lastname@example.org) using the button below.
Want to know more about this job opening or the work in the office? If so, contact Martina Benard(email@example.com).
The application process consists of one approximately 30-minute interview with the Labor Law Partner and a Junior Associate. Don’t worry: an assessment is not part of this procedure.
We only accept applications received by phone or email. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is expressly not appreciated.