Sørensen Advocaten is clear, also about the processing of personal data. We process your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
• visitors to our website;
• (employees of) clients of Sørensen Advocaten;
• recipients of Sørensen Advocaten newsletters and other mailings;
• potential clients of Sørensen Advocaten;
• persons involved in a legal procedure in which Sørensen Advocaten acts as a lawyer;
• (employees of) suppliers;
• third parties communicating with Sørensen Lawyers;
What personal data does Sørensen Advocaten process?
Sørensen Advocaten processes personal data that you have provided to us, personal data generated during your visit to our website and personal data that we have taken from other sources.
Provided by you to Sørensen Advocaten:
• contact details and other personal data necessary for the handling of your case;
• personal data that you provide to Sørensen Advocaten in the context of events or newsletters.
Personal data received through our website:
• details of your visit to our website;
• details of the device with which you visited our website, for example your IP address;
• your surfing habits and interests.
Personal data received from other sources:
• personal data received from public online sources such as company websites and Social Media platforms, such as LinkedIn;
• personal data obtained from the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce or Land Registry;
• other personal data relating to you that we have obtained when dealing with cases through clients and other parties, among others.
Why does Sørensen Advocaten process your personal data?
Sørensen Advocaten uses your personal data for various purposes:
• the provision of legal services by our lawyers for our clients;
• compliance with our legal obligations such as archiving obligations, obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act (WWFT);
• maintaining contact and communicating with you;
• marketing activities, such as sending newsletters and other forms of marketing communication that may be of interest to you;
• for the security, use and improvement of our website.
The security of your data
Sørensen Advocaten takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from loss or against any form of unlawful processing. Persons who have access to your data or files on behalf of Sørensen Advocaten are kept to confidentiality, including on the basis of the rules of conduct and professional rules applicable to them. Sørensen Advocaten applies generally accepted standards of technological and operational security in the industry in order to protect personal data from loss, abuse, modification or destruction. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, or if there are any indications of abuse, we ask you to contact us via email@example.com or +31 10 2492 444.
Enable/share data with third parties
In certain cases, it may be necessary for Sørensen Advocaten to give third parties access to personal data. Below is a, not exhaustive, overview:
• third parties that are relevant to the legal services we provide, such as counterparties, local lawyers, courts, regulatory authorities and public institutions;
• third parties, such as regulators and other bodies, to comply with our legal obligations;
Third parties to whom we provide your personal data may themselves be responsible for compliance with privacy laws. In this case, Sørensen Advocaten is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data in the capacity of processor of Sørensen Advocaten and therefore acts on request and in accordance with the instruction of Sørensen Advocaten, Sørensen Advocaten concludes with such a third party a processing agreement that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
Data outside the European Union
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for Sørensen Advocaten to pass on your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Union. In that case, Sørensen Advocaten shall ensure that such data transfers are in accordance with the GDPR.
In the processing of personal data by Sørensen Advocaten, Sørensen Advocaten bases itself on various foundations. The data processing may be necessary for the implementation of an agreement (to provide legal services) that we have concluded or are necessary to carry out a legal duty. In some cases, we may ask for your explicit consent, for example for the use of certain cookies, or, if you are not a client, to receive commercial communications.
Finally, there are processing based on a legitimate interest of Sørensen Advocaten, such as internal management processing, for effective communication, quality improvement or direct marketing processing for clients and active contacts of Sørensen Advocaten. In the latter case, an opt-out is offered at all times.
You can ask Sørensen Lawyers to have your data corrected, supplemented, deleted or protected if the data is incomplete, incorrect or processed in violation of a legal requirement. In addition, you have the right to request the data we hold of you. Do you no longer want to receive newsletters, e-mail messages or invitations from us? You can unsubscribe free of charge at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Sørensen Lawyers will cease processing if it is legally obliged to do so or if there are other compelling justified grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or which are related to the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal action.
We may use these tools to retrieve information on our systems and to identify certain categories of users by items such as IP address, domain, browser type and pages visited. This information can be communicated to our webmasters who use this information to analyse the number of visitors to the different parts of the website and to ensure that our website functions as a useful and effective source of information.
Use of Google Analytics
Sørensen Advocaten uses Google Analytics to gain insight into, among other things, visitor flows, traffic sources and page views on our website. This means that Google acts as a processor in the processing of personal data by Sørensen Advocaten. Sørensen Advocaten has therefore entered into a processing agreement with Google.
Informatie die met Google Analytics wordt verzameld, is zo veel mogelijk geanonimiseerd.
Policy subject to change
AtSørensen Advocatenwe value the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients with our services. If something didn’t go to your liking in your case, check with your lawyer. We will do everything we can to find a satisfactory solution. If you do not come out, you can use our complaints procedure. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
In addition, you have the right and the possibility at all times to file a complaint about the processing of personal data by Sørensen Lawyers with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.